Supervision of Europol processing operations
The JSB also checks whether the data transfers originating from Europol are lawful and does this, inter alia, by conducting inspections at Europol.
The JSB has to assess whether Europol takes data protection into account in several specific areas. It has to assess whether the creation of certain analysis work files is necessary and comment this assessment; monitor the permissibility of the transmission of personal data originating from Europol may be transferred, investigate issues on the application and interpretation of the Europol Convention, analyse the rules for providing personal data by Europol to third institutions and non-member states and elaborate harmonised propositions for a joint solution to existing problems.
The JSB also has to ensure that with the personal information the rights of the individual are respected. This means that the JSB takes into consideration the appeal of persons that requested access to information concerning them and did not agree with the answer or Europol.
- The Privacy Commission
- The secretariat
- Sector Committees
- Article 29 Working Party on the protection of personal data
- European Data Protection Supervisor
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles