Competences and organisation of the Sector Committee of the Federal Authorities
This sector committee grants authorisations for the electronic communication of personal data by a federal public service or by a public body that is a legal person and that is a part of the Federal Authorities. For more information about these authorisations, please consult the specific pages about the procedure for individual authorisations and for adherence to general authorisations (in Dutch and French only).
In principle the committee meets monthly at the Privacy Commission's offices. It has drawn up rules of procedure.
The committee's president is in charge of daily management and chairs meetings. He ensures that the committee's decisions do not contract the Privacy Commission's general positions. Therefore, he can suspend the treatment of case and submit it to the Privacy Commission.
Civil servants of the Privacy Commission provide secretarial support to the committee.
The Federal Public Service for Information and Communication Technologies (Fedict) provides the Sector Committee of the Federal Authorities with legal and technical opinions on any request for an authorisation of the electronic communication of personal data by a federal public service or a public body that is a legal person and that is part of the federal authorities. Fedict is the managing body for this sector committee as laid down by law.
The committee draws up an annual activity report which is included in the Privacy Commission's general annual report.
The Sector Committee of the Federal Authorities is located at the Privacy Commission's offices: Rue de la Presse , 1000 Brussels.
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
+32 (0)2 274 48 35
The Privacy Commission's offices are open to the public during office hours, but by appointment only.
- The Privacy Commission
- The secretariat
- Sector Committees
- Article 29 Working Party on the protection of personal data
- European Data Protection Supervisor
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles