Exercise your rights in Belgium
You have to send the Privacy Commission a dated and signed letter (with name, surname, date of birth, nationality and a copy of your identity card, passport or replacing document).
The request also has to contain the following information (if you have this information):
- the authority or service responsible for the alert;
- all relevant information about the disputed personal data, such as the nature of the personal data, the circumstances in which or the place where one was informed about the disputed personal data;
- any desired corrections.
More detailed information and a model letter (in French and Dutch) can be found in our privacy topics, under "The different rights".
- The Privacy Commission
- The secretariat
- Sector Committees
- Article 29 Working Party on the protection of personal data
- European Data Protection Supervisor
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles