Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles
This relatively new organisation, located in the buildings of the French data protection authority in Paris (CNIL), has the task of promoting cooperation and training initiatives between French-speaking countries in the field of data protection. It wants to offer room for guidance and exchange to newly established data protection authorities and also is a source of expertise for countries who do not have a legislation concerning data protection yet.
This new organism of the Francophonie has also planned to participate in the dialogue with international organisations like the UN, the European Union or the APEC (“Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation”) about the elaboration of privacy and data protection.
The AFAPDP has been granted the status of observer in the work of the Consultative Committee of the Convention for the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data of the Council of Europe (Convention 108).
Every year the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles organises a meeting for all of its members. During this meeting the perspectives and course are set for the following operating year. It also organises a yearly collective seminar, intended as a forum for information exchange and the discussion of current topics. The Privacy Commission actively participates in these seminars by informing the attendees about important issues which the it was confronted with the previous year.
- The Privacy Commission
- The secretariat
- Sector Committees
- Article 29 Working Party on the protection of personal data
- European Data Protection Supervisor
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles